Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Garlic. Not just a vampire repellent




I recently packed up and moved out of New York
to the State of Independence, Pennsylvania.

Quite fitting for someone like me. I've always strived for my own independence. I like the peace and quiet it has to offer. I had some nay sayers (mostly my mom) when I announced the news. She was trying to take bets. She said she was certain I would get bored and move back within 3mths. It's been a month so far and I can't say I will ever get bored & move back home to NY.
I think I was homesick for the first couple of weeks.

I found a great job working with some interesting & friendly people. I must say that so far... sooo, soooo good!

I have been researching and surveying the area to find out from locals what the thing to do is here. I have had many great responses and lots of feedback. From Restaurants, Spooky Haunted places, Campgrounds, Civil War re-enactments, and much much more.

As a matter of fact, A woman I work with attends these Civil War re-enactments.
Her husband acts as a soldier.
I am awaiting info on the next event. I think it would be fun






Which now brings me to...
A festival filled with live entertainment, crafts, lots of food and huge amounts of wait for it...

GARLIC.
All of which is grown right here in Pa.

I am told I can find everything my heart desires from garlic dip to roasted pig. I hear the crafts are quite interesting (over 50 vendors). Who doesn't want hollowed out garlic wind chimes?! They even have garlic soap. It's a bit much, b/c quite frankly, I haven't heard about the local vampires that need warding off, just yet.

The first thing I do is call up my favorite cousin (who, like me loves garlic) and propose a trip to this Everything Garlic festival. She jumped right on board!

It takes place Sept 5-6 in the Shawnee Mountain Area.

I look forward to spending some much needed quality time and coming home with Memories that will last a lifetime.

See Mom! I am not going stir crazy living in a secluded cabin in the woods. I am going to The Pocono Garlic Festival.

If anyone is interested in this event go here...and check it out!

Not only does garlic repel vamps, but if you read this article you can find out all about the the benefits garlic has to your health.

Be sure to keep your tongue scraper at hand & a sprig of fresh parsley in your pocket!